All Ringette Groups larger than one registered team, 2 registered squads, must have a minimum one (one) Safety Supervisor. A key responsibility of the Safety Supervisor will be to oversee the and monitor their organization’s Return to Ringette Plan based on the Government of Manitoba Approved Ringette Manitoba plan, in addition to regional facility regulations and protocols.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant association information is shared across the membership in a timely fashion, including Safety Officers.
They will be responsible for implementing the Ringette Manitoba Return to Ringette plan, provide assistance and guidance to their organization, revise local plans if required, and have travel itinerary information for teams when team travel is permitted to resume.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks of the Safety Supervisor (and / or delegate):
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial, Regional and local restrictions and orders related to controlling and eradicating COVID-19.
- Complete the relevant checklists by considering the actions set out in each checklist and implementing or arranging to implement relevant consideration in your organization and documenting justifications for not undertaking particularly actions.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and Enhanced Cleaning Procedures.
- Liaise regularly with Ringette Manitoba to facilitate updates related to their Return to Ringette plan and to fully understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of the COVID-19 Safety Plan for your organization to improve as necessary with respect to arena protocols, enhanced hygiene protocols, and communications.
- When required, effectively implement your COVID-19 Emergency Action Plan.
- Act as the contact point for the organization’s members, participants and their parents/guardians – particularly around questions relating to return to ringette and the actions taken to be COVID safe.
- Assist the organization operationally to safely increase or add activity through the Ringette Manitoba’s Return to Activity / Play Plan and as permitted by the Provincial government via Ringette Manitoba.
- Complete and have on file Risk Assessment Tool and Checklist.
- Liaise regularly with local facilities to confirm guidelines, protocols, and updates.
- Ensure the Safety Officers (participants, programs, teams) are following prevention guidelines set by Provincial government via Ringette Manitoba’s Return to Ringette Plan.
- Accessing, collecting and maintaining all participant documents that list all participants in attendance at every ringette -related activity. These include attestation, waivers, and assumption of risk, declaration of health, and any updates to these and / or other future documents.
- Ensuring any COVID-19 cases are reported to the appropriate public health authority in the region, Ringette Manitoba’s Executive Director, relevant leagues, associations, teams, facilities.
- Ensures all pods, squads, teams have an Emergency Action Plan and COVID-19 safety plan completed and on file. COVID-19 Safety Plan – effectively takes all necessary precautions to mitigate, transfer or avoid the identified risks both common to all sporting activities and unique to ringette and facility operations in the designated region.
- Access the latest available information and guidance on the COVID-19 outbreak.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage individual team/pods/squads attestation forms to know who has declared for the individual ringette activities on a per ice/dryland/meeting basis.
- Report to Safety Supervisor any COVID-19 cases reported via pod/squad/team.
- Has the authority to remove any player, coach, or spectator for non-compliance.
- Communicates with team / coach staff, parents, players, and spectators re: attestation forms, and updated information.
- Manages the physical distancing requirements at the sessions.
- Manages the gathering number restrictions for each in-person ringette session.
- Ensure Safety Supervisor has all relevant travel itineraries when team travel is permitted to resume.
Checklist for In-Person Activities by Safety Officer
- Daily COVID-19 Attestation completed and submitted
- Verify all participants at in-person session have completed and submitted daily COVID Attestation
- Record attendance of all participants at in-person sessions
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED STEPS
- Share map & session plan with players in advance to reduce congestion at entrances/exits/changing areas
- Observe all participants and provide support for any exhibiting signs of physical or mental distress.